The Mayo Performing Arts Center is hiring for a Production Manager!
The following is a new position, created due to the continued growth of the Theatre and its programs.
The Production Manager oversees all production aspects to ensure the highest production standards for all Mayo Performing Arts Center productions.
Applicants MUST have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of contemporary and traditional event production and presentation techniques for theatrical, dance, musicals, opera, concerts, films, and lecture productions
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written format
- Demonstrate experience working with a culturally diverse workforce and constituency
- Ability and skill to exercise diplomacy in dealing with others and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the activities of technical staff, including IATSE stagehands, MPAC production staff, temporary over-hire staff and interns
- Resolve procedural, operational and other work-related problems by working with all parties involved to create a mutually satisfactory conclusion.
- Record and report all technical employee incidents that may require disciplinary action
- Direct the hiring and possible termination of all technical staff
- Direct, monitor and evaluate design process of all performances
- Consult on scheduling of all theater spaces and technical areas
- Work with the President and CEO to develop department goals and develop long-range plans
- Create and manage Production Department budget, and other long-term budgets
- Direct scheduling, staffing and budgeting for all aspects of show production
- Manage, monitor and approve all production-related expenses
- Monitor all capital expenses
- Coordinate all production, staffing and scheduling needs for in-house special events
- Attend weekly Production Department meetings
- Attend monthly department head meetings
- Act as liaison between MPAC Production Department and other MPAC Department Heads
- Consult on administration of payroll for all shows and production-related activity; work with touring acts to creatively solve all technical and financial challenges; realize designs on time and on budget
For more information and to apply today, email Anthony at email@example.com.