1. Technical Writer I - Technical Writers in the Technical Content Management department support release documentation projects for multiple products within or across Information Builders product divisions.
- Managing release doc projects for product releases
- Coordinating roll-out schedules in specified time-frames
- Developing workload plans, project plans and, roll-out schedules
- Supporting release technical writing tasks, such as updates, enhancements, and new features
- Installing and testing development software to update release documentation
- Independently learning company's software products, planning your time, communicating project status, multi-tasking
- Supporting creation of indexes and glossaries and learning how to create them
Ideal candidate possesses:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing or a related field
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Office, FrameMaker, XML/DITA, or a content management system editor for creating technical documents.
- 1-3 years technical writing experience in a software development setting or related field.
- Working knowledge of a typical software development projects’ workflow, the techniques used to manage development software content updates, and software development technical writing best practices.
- Ability to learn the software products associated with assigned projects
- Excellent technical writing skills
For more details and to apply today, head to CareerLink. Job ID# 48433
2. Technical Software Support Representative - after significant training, representatives provide technical support to Information Builders' customers and employees with application deployment, debugging, and problem determination
- Solving problems and answering questions quickly, efficiently and courteously
- Meeting and exceeding customer satisfaction and responsiveness goals
- Providing front-line technical support predominantly of a post sales nature
- Acquiring technical knowledge of Information Builders products in order to address - customer problems and questions by attending internal training classes
- Creating Symptom Problem Solutions (SPSs) and technical documents
- Learning and adopting time management skills to accommodate changing workloads
Ideal candidate possesses:
- College degree (preferably in computer science) or equivalent experience
- One to two years of technical support or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of WebFOCUS or FOCUS a plus
- Experience with two or more operating systems
- At least one year experience working with Java or .NET in the web environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
For more details and to apply today, visit CareerLink. Job ID# 33290